1 September 2012

Yellow and white




Sunflowers and white roses, a slightly unusual combination but don't they look amazing together?

It is the first of September and there is a definite chill in the air. The evenings are dark. I worry that my tomatoes will not get enough sunshine to ripen. Summer is over and there is a hint of melancholy about that. But. There are good things that come along with it too. This morning I had a flick through some cook books and felt more excited about future meals than I have in a long time. And also very hungry, hungry for proper big, comforting, hearty dinners. Coq au Vin. Chicken and mushroom pie. Boeuf bourguignon. Mashed potatoes. You get the idea. I can't wait to start going to the market again, buying kale and game and autumn fruits. 

Watch this space for good autumnal dinners - coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.