22 February 2013

Reflection


Almost a year ago, I posted my very first entry on this blog. It was a picture of a tree in blossom, much like the one above. I remember on that day feeling my heart get lighter as I looked up and saw those pretty blooms against the bright blue sky. Spring had come.

The other day, I was walking past the same tree in the same park and the sight of it took my breath away. How brave to open out those delicate petals when there is still a good chance of frost!

The greatest thing I have learned from my parents is to appreciate the simple things. The first new potato of the year, a fat bud just about to open, the stillness of a lit candle. Over the past year I have shared some of these small, beautiful things here and if anyone has felt inspired or uplifted reading about them that would make me very happy. I will carry on documenting and hope that whoever finds themselves here will enjoy my pictures and thoughts.

To those of you who occasionally leave a comment - thank you! It makes me smile every time.

4 comments:

  1. Kul att du hänger i!
    Jag fortsätter så klart att följa. Alltid lika roligt att se vad du har för dig. KRAM :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Malin - min supporter nummer ett! Kanner mig valdigt inspirerad sa jag bloggar pa. Kram!

      Delete
  2. :) Hope this makes you smile today x

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.